| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Average Sea or Water Temp
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average sea tempeature is 22 °C (71.6 °F).
- The average temperature in Port Elizabeth in January is warm at 20.5 °C (68.9 °F).
- Afternoons can be fairly hot with average high temperatures reaching 25 °C (77 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally very mild with an average low of 16 °C (60.8 °F).
- In January there is a variation/ range of mean diurnal temperatures of 9 °C (16.2 °F).
- The weather in January is dry with periodic rain. A mere 36mm (1.4in) of water is transfered across on average 6 days.
- In January the heavens above Port Elizabeth are quite sunny having on balance a respectable 8:30 of brilliant solar radiation daily.
- The shortest day is 13:48 long and the longest day is 14:21 long with an average length of 14:07.
- There are approximately 5:28 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 60.9% of daylight hours and cloudy 39.1% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Port Elizabeth January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Port Elizabeth: